CALLE ABOGADOS S.R.L. - Attorneys at law;   PERU
What can Labor and
Attorneys help with?
Our labor attorneys help our clients with the following:
- Reviewing client employee handbooks, manuals, and policy
- Assisting with salaries law issues and claims.
- Representing employers before the labor court.
- Providing advice on issues involving employeess' rights and
- Providing representation for lawsuits and arbitration
procedures under collective bargaining agreements.
- Collective bargaining on behalf of clients including
strategic planning and acting as spokesperson.
- Counseling on issues related to strikes or lockouts, and
providing related litigation support.
In the eyes of the law, employees and contractors are as
different as apples and oranges. Hence numerous legal issues turn on
whether a person is another's employee or, alternatively, an
The distinction is critical for legal compliance
considerations under workers compensation, benefits, insurance,
taxation and other legislation.
A good contract prepared by a competent labor lawyer will help remove
legal doubts. However, take care. Consider the bias of the person
preparing the contract. . What courts see in some contracts is not
necessarily what it is in facts, so a good preparation is needed.